Any business, big or small is associated with risk. No business can gain success without taking the risk. It is however not advisable to take unnecessary risk in some investment which is exposed to fearful danger, and may wipe out the company. Obviously, a good businessperson is confident enough to take the risk and have the conscience that chances of failure are optimum. According to David Baer Minnesota that for a full proof business, it should be covered by Insurance.
Business Insurance products:
There are wide verities of attractive Insurance policy products that are available in the market of the Premium Insurance Companies. Terms and conditions as well as Premium amount varies from product to product and also the type of business. Business owners should select the best policy product that provides him maximum risk coverage with the reasonable amount of premium. Payment terms also vary from within policy. These Insurance companies sell various attractive Insurance products that provide risk coverage based on the type of business you do.
What is the function of the Insurance Agents?
An insurance agent is a professional and knowledgeable person who acts as a consultant, and renders necessary advice and provides services to business houses and individuals. He also suggests and explains pros and cons of various insurance policies that will provide the best protection from business risks. Insurance agent is also the person who will ultimately sell the policy and collect and hand over the policy certificate to the businessman. His responsibility also covers to help you to obtain you the insurance amount of money in case of ill circumstances. Sometimes agents also collects and deposits the premium to the insurance provider on behalf of the businessman.
Type of Insurance Policy for Businessman:
Business-related insurances offer wide-ranging benefits in risk management.
- Professional liability coverage: covers a business against negligence claim that results from mistakes and failure by the company
- Property safety coverage: covers equipment, inventory and furniture in the event of a fire, storm or theft
- Workers’ compensation related group insurance: As per David Baer Minnesota, this type of insurance covers medical treatment in hospitalization, disability, death benefits in the event of death and injury of the worker or labor
- Home-based business-related insurance: Many small businessmen operate their business in their own small rooms. Home owner’s insurance policy doesn’t cover home-based business. If you are doing your business out of your home, ask your insurer for additional insurance coverage for your equipment and inventory.
- Business product liability related insurance: If the business product is sold in open market, product liability insurance is a must.
- Company Vehicles related insurance: In any business, company vehicle is owned or hired. Those vehicles should be fully insured to protect business against liability of accident
Business interruption related insurance: In catastrophic events like earthquake, cyclones, floods, business is interrupted. During this event, your business will suffer from loss of income due to the inability of your staffs to be engaged in work, manufacture products, or sell your products.